Below is a list of projects representative of the types of services PELA GeoEnvironmental provides. Please click on the individual project links for a more elaborate project description.
If you require additional project experience information, please contact us and we will be happy to provide the additional information you need.
- Underground Storage Tanks: In Aberdeen, Mississippi, PELA was contracted to perform a Phase I assessment at a gas station. To read about the analytical results from the Phase I assessment and the subsequent action PELA performed, please click here.
- Water Security and Recycling: PELA helped an Alabama hospital not only attain water resources security in the face of potential disasters, but reduce industrial water usage by as much as 33&perc; per month. Please click here for more information.
- Litigation: PELA was engaged to perform an investigation regarding the presence of PCBs in Logan Martin Lake as technical support in a major class action environmental litigation. For more details, please click here.
- Groundwater Remediation: At a site in North Alabama, PELA has used innovative technology where heavy fraction organics have been delineated in the groundwater system above fractured bedrock. Please click here to learn more.
- Karst: PELA remediated sinkholes beneath the liner of a potable water lagoon for the City of Alcoa, Tennessee. Please click here for more information.
- Archaeological Services: PELA recently conducted cultural resource surveys and historic building surveys for five cellular tower locations in Alabama and six tower locations in central Mississippi. For more information on this project, please click here.
- Regulatory Compliance: PELA coordinated permitting activities in U.S. waters for installation of a natural gas pipeline from the Bahamas to Port Everglade, Florida. Please click here for more information.
- Energy Exploration: PELA was contracted by a major oil and gas company in Alabama to delineate wetlands in areas being considered for wellsites and to monitor water quality near drilling operations at a permitting exploration well. For more details, please click here.
- Mining: A dolomite quarry in North-Central Alabama began to experience water flow issues. PELA was retained to provide a hydrogeological investigation and develop and implement a grouting program. Click here to learn more.
- Land Use: PELA developed a watershed management plan for a 53,318 square mile study area that included the police jurisdiction of the City of Tuscaloosa, and the watersheds of Lake Tuscaloosa, Lake Nicol and Harris Lake. For more details on the process taken to develop the watershed management plan and the unique features and uses of the lakes, please click here.